I’m so excited to share with you this list of our family’s favorite Christmas cookies, candies, and goodies! These have all passed the taste test and most are holiday staples that I make every year. But I’ve also included year-around treats like chocolate chip cookies because they are awesome to have as the “regular cookie” (as Brian likes to say…) on a cookie plate. I know, it’s crazy, isn’t it that some people don’t like ooey, gooey, nutty and rich treats? Ha – more for those of us who do, I like to say!
Can’t you just smell the heavenly aromas already? Let the baking begin!
15 Awesome Christmas Goodies (starting in the top left corner and moving clockwise in the photo above):
- Soft and Chewy Whole Grain Peanut Butter Cookies Like peanut butter cookies, but also soft cookies? Here’s the perfect combination!
- Easy Butter Mints Thought you had to buy butter mints? Nope – again they’re really easy and make a great, inexpensive gift.
- Whole Grain Cut-Out Cookies Looking to up the nutrient value of traditional cut-out cookies? Adding oats and whole wheat add a nutty grain flavor that compliments the decorating frosting.
- Mini Almond Joy Brownies A brownie base, coconut middle and ganache topping…drool. Add the almond or not – it’s up to you.
- Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Easy, easy, easy. I like to use these yummy bars to fill in any gaps in the goodie bags.
- Raspberry Lemon Bars Too much chocolate and rich treats? These tart and sweet bars are a nice addition.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Bars A cookie bar with a long history in our house – quick, easy and delicious.
- The Best Chewy Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Our standard chocolate chip cookie we make all year – it really is the best.
- Decadent Quadruple Chocolate Brownies The ultimate once-a-year treat brownie! Decadent really doesn’t come close to describing them.
- Honey Caramel Corn with “Moose Munch” and White Chocolate-Pepperment variations. Hands-down the favorite treat of any that we give to our family and friends – it’s addictive!
- Mocha Chip Cookies A “grown-up” chocolate chip cookie
- Caramel Coconut Shortbread Cookies Made with homemade caramel, these take a bit of extra time, but they are worth it.
- Multigrain Snickerdoodle Cookies The different grains bring a nice change to the normal snickerdoodle.
- Chocolate Topped Oatmeal Bars Reminicent of a favorite candy bar, but with real ingredients.
- Whole Grain Peanut Butter Blondies A dense, chewy peanut butter version of blondies – with added chocolate, of course.
Oh shoot, somehow these three cookies did not make it in the collage. Well, that means you get a few more to choose from:
- Chocolate Drizzled Nut Squares Caramel, nuts, and chocolate…ok, this really is a candy bar.
- Whole Grain Apple Butter Bars If you want to add a healthier treat to your cookie plate.
- Espresso Truffle Bars Everything you love about truffles without all the mess of shaping them!