Wha-hoo- here we go, guys! I’m so excited for my first giveaways this week to thank you for your support of this blog, for all your kind comments, and for inspiring me.
Seriously…I had trouble sleeping last night for thinking about it.
But then again, it’s not that unusual for me to have trouble sleeping, so maybe it had nothing to do with this blog. But I prefer to think of it as coming from the giveaways going on this week, so I’m stickin’ to my story.
Now, there is one little bit if information I want to make sure everyone has before I get to today’s giveaway:
How to leave a comment (if you have no trouble leaving comments on blogs, then just skip this part and get to the good stuff). I’ve had numerous people tell me they don’t leave comments because they don’t know how and I don’t want anyone to miss out this week, so we’re gonna have a little tutorial (I’m sorta partial to those around here- have you noticed?). Here’s what you do on my blog to leave a comment:
- If you are on the “Home” page (it will have a number of full posts on it), click on the word “comments” at the bottom of the post- it is after the time and will have a number before it unless you are the first one to leave a comment. Now a new page will open that will show the post and all of the comments below and will take you right to the comments.
- If you’ve come to the post from a link, you’re already on the post page and the comments should be showing (if not, just click on the title of the post and the comments will show). FOR BOTH #1 and #2 PROCEED WITH #3 BELOW:
- Scroll to the bottom of the comments to the box that’s titled “Post a Comment.”
- Type your comment in the box.
- Now, you have a couple of options as to how to leave the comment: Click the blue up/down arrow in the box after “Comment as:” to see your options. If you already have a Google account and are signed in, your Google name should automatically appear in the box and you don’t need to click and choose anything. If not, choose either “Name/URL” or “Anonymous.” I prefer to use “Name/URL” even if you don’t have a blog with a URL because my name will appear in the part of the comment that says “so-and-so said:” (plus, mainly spammers use the anonymous). You DO NOT need to leave a url address- when the box pops up, just type your name in and leave the url box blank and click “continue.”
- Click the “Post Comment” button.
That’s it! The main thing is, if you do choose to use “Anonymous” please leave your name with your comment, it really helps in communicating.
Now on to our first giveaway of the week!
The winner of this giveaway will receive two of my favorite things, which of course are handmade, since I’ve spent a lot of time espousing the joys of making, giving, and getting homemade items. *smile*
*A Flax Seed Pillow made from a heavy-weight blue striped ticking, flax seeds (duh…), and lightly scented with lavender. Do you remember why flax is the best for these pillows? I have two ways I love to use mine- as a foot warmer when it’s cold (it stays warm for hours), and as a sore muscle relaxer (usually my neck). But I also know people who like to keep one in the freezer or fridge to be used for cooling, too.
*A Clothespin Holder made from a vintage blue and white floral fabric and a sturdy wooden (child-sized) coat hanger. I love hanging clothes out on warm days- I like the simpleness of it, the quiet moment, the smell of the clothes afterward. And I like having my cute clothespin holder, too.
- Here are the particulars:
- To enter, subscribe (by RSS or email) or follow An Oregon Cottage and leave a comment telling me you are an old or new subscriber/follower.
- Make sure I have a way to contact you- if your email is not on your Google profile, or you are commenting with another option, leave your email with the comment (just write it with the “dot” written out like: (dot) to avoid spammers grabbing it) OR check back to find out who the winner is and email me at the address under my “Contact” button. If I don’t hear anything within 3 days, I will choose another winner.
I will use random.org’s integer generator to choose the winner, who will be announced on the blog and will receive an email (if one is available). The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Entries will be accepted from 5:00am (PST) on Monday, February 21st to 5:00am February 22nd and I’ll post the winner by Tuesday afternoon.
*This giveaway has ended- Thank you!*