I can imagine you all thinking, “what?” about a baked carrot recipe, but let me just tell you, you will not believe how good these are.
Actually, I usually forget how good these are (because who thinks about cooked carrots, really?) until I put them back on the menu after the glut of glorious summer vegetables are done.
Maybe these wouldn’t taste so good in the summer, I don’t know, but last night with rice and baked chicken, these were so good I was cleaning the bowl after dinner.
So I decided I had to share.
Plus, really, there’s not a lot of things more easy than carrots – the dish cost about .75, took about 5 minutes to put together and 30 minutes in the oven.
Go ahead and give them a try:PRINT
Garlic Baked Grated Carrots
- 3-4 c. peeled and grated carrots
- 1 Tb. melted butter
- 1 Tb. olive oil (you could use one or the other, but I like to do both)
- 1 Tb. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tb. chopped chives (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place grated carrots in a 1-1/2 to 2 qt. casserole.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
And that’s it. Prepare to be amazed.