One of our favorite splurges is to buy a jar of Toby’s Feta Dressing & Dip. At almost $4.00, it doesn’t happen very often, though. A few months ago, I looked at the ingredients to see if I could replicate it at home and I was surprised to find it was exactly the same as Toby’s Ranch flavor – except for the feta.
Hmm, I have a Ranch Dressing & Dip recipe that I love so I added feta to it- and guess what?
It’s really good. And tastes a lot like Toby’s…for a lot less. Cha-ching!PRINT
Creamy Feta Dip & Dressing
- 1-1/4 c. sour cream (decrease by 1/4 c. for dressing)
- 1 TB. lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 TB. dried parsley, or 3 TB. chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. dried dill (to taste) or 1 tsp. fresh
- 1/3-1/2 c. buttermilk (add 1 tsp. vinegar to milk to equal the amount needed if you can’t find real [i.e., no fillers] buttermilk)
- 3/4 c. – 1c. crumbled feta cheese (or to taste- I like a lot)
- Combine sour cream, lemon juice and all ingredientsexcept buttermilk and feta in a pint jar or quart mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the buttermilk slowly, stirring until desired thickness is reached. Fold in the feta. If using a bowl, transfer to a jar with a lid.
- Refrigerate one or more hours before using, and taste to adjust seasonings again.
- Shake well before each use (this tends to get thinner as it sits in the fridge- I just add a bit more sour cream, salt & pepper if I’d like it thicker).
Makes about 1-1/2 cup of dip/dressing.