I hope you’ve all had a chance to download and start using the new Spring Dinner Menus ebook I finally was able to release a few weeks ago! If you’ve got any feedback (constructive or otherwise…) I’d love to hear it before I combine it with the other seasons into a full-length ebook. I plan to include some of the great quotes I’ve already received (especially how the menus have worked together with my healthy-weight eating tips) when I promote it, so who knows – I might quote you!
So, are you curious about the title of this post? Not as curious as I am for your response! Here’s the thing: my name is Jami – which you all know, as I’ve signed most of my posts that way from the beginning of this blog’s life. And way back then (more than 4 years ago…) most bloggers didn’t give too much personal information away – some didn’t even use their real first names, let alone put their whole name out there.
But now it’s all about authorship and establishing yourself and your credibility – and using your full name, which I’ve been doing for a few years now. In fact, you can see it on the book cover above.
My last name is ‘Boys’ – spelled just like what you would call a group of young males. It’s a bit unusual and a bit, well, weird to some people (hey, I married into it!) – especially social media sites like Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+. They usually deny our family’s initial sign-ups and make us go through an appeal to prove that’s actually our name and not some awful you-know-what-kind website.
But I never really thought about what YOU guys thought when you’d read my full name until about a week ago when I had this online conversation about Google+ with a couple of blogging buddies. It went something like this:
Me: Oh, and my Google+ name is just Jami B because they would never approve my last name, ‘Boys’ even with the proof of my FB and Pinterest accounts. Apparently Google still thinks I’m a pervert. Arrgh.
Blog Buddy #1: This is so funny! Honestly, I had no idea that was your last name?? I thought it was a cutesy blog thing. And I was always a little confused since you don’t have all boys!
Blog Buddy #2: I had no idea it was your last name either.
Me: Oh my gosh, you’re kidding!!
I should add that I’ve been a part of this group for three years! Totally cracked me up and made me wonder:
What do you think when you see my name – a name, cutesy blog thing, or weirdo?
Chime in below – I’m dying to know!
- Chef’s Salads (we’re swimming in garden lettuce right now, so this might make a couple of appearances!)
- Cheesy Pasta Bake, green salad (of course…) with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Black Bean Tacos with Feta Slaw, chips and salsa
- Slow Cooker shredded BBQ chicken on Quick and Tender Buns, Spicy Asian Slaw
- Parmesan-Herb Crusted White Fish, baked risotto with peas, green salad
- Slow Cooker Whole Spiced Chicken, Simple Barley Pilaf, green salad
- Lime-Chicken Lettuce Wraps (new recipe using leftover chicken- yum! Look for it soon…), Spicy Noodle Salad
- Black Bean, Corn, & Sausage Soup, Easy Artisan Bread, carrots & Best Ranch Dip
- Taco salad (with salsa or Honey-French-type Dressing), refried beans, 10-minute tortilla chips
- Italian Sausage Pasta Primavera
- Grilled elk steaks, Grilled Potato Planks, Grilled vegetables, green salad
- Pork & Vegetable Stir Fry on Baked Noodles
- Lentil Sausage Stew, Easy Sourdough Artisan Bread, green salad with Simple Vinaigrette
- Ground turkey & corn enchiladas, salad
- Shrimp & Asparagus on White Bean Puree, leftover artisan bread, salad
- Grilled pork chops with Basic Spice Rub, Grilled Vegetables, Curried Slow Cooker Barley, green salad
- Chicken souvlaki (kabobs), Greek salad, pita & tzatziki
- Cajun Beef on Spiced Potatoes, Caesar salad
- Salmon Patties, Spicy Noodle & Vegetable salad
- Homemade Pizza
- Homemade Pigs-in-a-blanket (I use quality, uncured dogs…) or Burgers on Quick and Tender buns, oven fries or potato planks, carrots
Note: Sundays are typically a leftover and on-your-own snack day!