This recipe is so easy and tasty that it has been our favorite go-to recipe for white fish for the last few years. I’ve served it to company to rave reviews as well. I’m sure they would be surprised to know how quick it goes together and cooks up.
In fact, I took a couple of pictures just to prove it:
Gather bread crumbs, herbs, and grated Parmesan.
Mix it all together in a bowl with a bit of olive oil.
Lay the fish in a baking pan, distribute the topping evenly among the fillets and spray with a bit more olive oil (I use my Mr. Misto, which I love).
Bake for 15 minutes. That’s it- and if you like fish, I’m sure you will love this because our family practically cleans the pan when I serve this- no one wants all the good topping to go to waste!
Parmesan-Herb Crusted Baked Fish
- 4 white fish fillets (about 6-oz. each), like flounder, cod, tilapia, etc.
- 1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs (I use my frozen bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 Tb. chopped parsley (fresh- if using dry only 2 tsp.)
- 1/4 tsp. each: basil, oregano, and thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tb. olive oil, divided
- Place rack in the top third of the oven and heat to 400 degrees.
- Oil a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Arrange the fillets in the dish, folding any thin parts under to avoid overcooking (some might be folded in half if they’re really thin).
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, herbs & pepper. Stir in 1 Tb. olive oil to moisten.
- Divide the crumb mixture evenly over the fillets. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake until the topping is golden and the fish is opaque when flaked, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings [/recipe]